Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Masquerade Party Exclusive Review

The Holiday Lodge Masquerade Party hosted for all soon-to-be graduating Upper Sixth students in Brunei two nights ago was overall an okay event for me. To be honest, I wasn't quite impressed.



The first thing that came to my mind when I heard about the Party is of course the masks. And masks we wore on that night. But masks didn't make up the party. In fact, it was almost useless.



As far as I know (I went home 30 minutes earlier), there were no awards like Best Dressed or Prom King and Prom Queen, given. Also, everyone seemed to recognize everyone without much difficulty. I even impressed REnzo for being able to recognize him at a glance (who wouldn't? =p).




As a prom night event, dancing was the highlight. However, it wasn't what I expected. As I entered the banquet hall, fully expecting it to be somewhat classy, I was totally wrong. The place was quite dim and electronic music were being put to full blast by the DJs, instead of what I thought to be peaceful scenery with classical music in the background. All the songs were shuffle-able, and non were waltz-able.



The place was too small to fit everyone. There were lotta people standing up for the whole night. Luckily I found myself a not so comfortable seat. Directly behind me was a huge mind-BLASTing speaker. I am officially part deaf after the party.



On a positive note, the organizers were wise enough to invite DJ Izan from Pilihan FM to host the party!


Yup, that's her alright ;)


Also, there were 3 local bands performing; A Band Once, 4th of August and 4 Seconds. Don't ask me why the last 2 bands got the number 4 in their name. Maybe it's a sign that the world is gonna end in 2012 (4 means die in Chinese. So seeing two 4s in one night means double kill). Anyone here know that Jimbo's brother is the guitarist of the band 4th of August? Cool.

Have you ever seen a 6 and a half feet tall level 99 giant stomped the yard? Correction, a giant stomping the yard while having both hands on the shoulder of another guy. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to Mr. Davis Yap, a man who has been tagging DENcorp as "bigfoot".



Yea, he made everyone's day I tell ya ;)


So anyway, I hereby announce my absence as DENcorp blogger for 3 weeks, beginning tonight up to the 26th of December. I will be flying off to Malaysia to visit my families over there. That said, I hope Edison will relieve my post during my absence =p



Finally, have a happy holiday everyone!

___________________________________________________________________
:: Posted by DENCORPORATION at 10:10 AM |

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
TAGBOARD




DENCORPORATION

Photobucket

Blog shared between Desmond, Edison and Nazrin. Edison is no longer a sleeping partner. What D.E.N. stands for is self-explanatory.




PLEASE VISIT

  • East Asian Youth


    BLOG LINKS

  • Alon Hong
  • Amaluddin
  • Amelia
  • Andy & Jestina
  • Andy Teo
  • Anna & Eileen
  • Arifuddin
  • Azizi
  • Azmi
  • Bazilah and Friends
  • Benedict
  • Calvin
  • Carmen
  • Chea Hong
  • Cheah Wen
  • Chen Chen
  • Cody, Eric & Bokhari
  • Dawn Lim Deekinder Denise
  • Elena
  • Farhan
  • Farhana
  • Faridah
  • Hanis
  • Hisyam
  • Huzaishysy
  • Jaqy
  • Jimbo
  • Judy Goh
  • Karen
  • Kai Ping
  • Kimmy
  • KLH Society
  • Kwang
  • Lee Lu
  • Lin Siew
  • Lu See
  • Lu Yee
  • Marlene
  • Masrini
  • Melissa Tan
  • Nabilah
  • Najaah
  • Princess @ Ryu
  • Qiqah
  • Queen @ Wani
  • Renzo
  • Shair Li
  • SKY's Happy-Stop (阿勇)
  • Vern
  • Wee @ Awiyah
  • Winnie
  • Xin Ping
  • Yap
  • Yen Chuan
  • Yush
  • Yusof
  • Zatty
  • ZulHF


    BLOG ARCHIVE

  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • September 2010