Monday, July 13, 2009

Tasek vs Markuching

This post is divided into two sections and will be all about Jungle Trekking. I know I have blogged about Tasek for so so many times already but in this post, I will introduce you 2 routes which are still new. But if it's boring for you, then I'm sorry.

Roughly more than a month ago, me, Andy and Thedoric went to Tasek after I told them about the 'new' jungle trek route.

This route is not so new actually. It has been 'opened' for probably six or seven months already. (Or maybe longer? Anyone know?)

This route starts from the right side of the reservoir. I know many people would mistakenly think it's the left of the reservoir but I repeat, it's the right.

For first timers, this route would be a lot of fun, but could be very tiring too.

Very soon after entering, you'll find yourself at the foot of a high and rocky hill.


Photobucket


At this part, I think it would be rightfully called as 'hiking', because you're really climbing a hill with rocky surface.


Photobucket


It's high, but it's not very steep. Experienced ones would find it easy I think.


Photobucket


And to our surprise (only me actually), there were pitcher plants!


Photobucket


Dead pitcher plants.

I never thought I would see pitcher plants in Tasek. Be it dead or alive.

Now I'm hoping to find Rafflesia at Tasek the next time I go there.

Atop of the hill, you'll find yourself standing tall, overlooking a nice view of the forests and the reservoir.


Photobucket


It would've been better if it's higher, but this is okay already.

Just look at Andy and Thedoric's expression, really delighted.


Photobucket


Thedoric's so happy that it seems as if he's promoting the bottle of 100 Plus he's holding, and Andy is just playing with his..........

bottle.


And as you proceed on further, you'll most likely have to do a lot of ascend and descends, which is really really tiring. At some point, you'll find yourself at a really really low area, covered by trees where 75% of the sunlight cannot shine in.


Photobucket


One thing I like about this route is that it's very 'jungle-ry'.


Photobucket


Thedoric climbing..

You'll also get to Bukit Sarang Helang. It's named this way because there's a gigantic eagle nest up a very very tall tree.

I only noticed the eagle nest on my 5th visit, but so far I've never seen any eagles. :(


~~~


And now I'll talk about Bukit Markuching.


Photobucket


It can actually be reached from Tasek Lama but it would take up to more than 2 hours.


Photobucket


We started the route from Bukit Markuching, Subok itself, which is near Andy's house.


Photobucket


The road looks a bit slithery.

The one thing I noticed at Markuching is that, there are these huts/pondoks almost every 30 steps.


Photobucket


At first, I even thought the huts are some fruit stalls.

There'll be a large blue tank at the side of every pondok. And one of them were infested with tadpoles. I have no idea how did they get there.


Photobucket


The trees here look a bit special too and like no other, one of them is shaped like a dinosaur species, Brachiosaurus.


Photobucket


Amazing, isn't it?


Photobucket


A tree with a big nest.

The views in Markuching are so far outstanding compared to Tasek.


Photobucket


But still, there's always a downside.

Although the view may be nice, I felt Markuching is less challenging than Tasek, and I mean it.

Maybe it's just me or Andy took us to an easier route, I think we completed the trek very quickly.


Photobucket


Overall: Tasek has nice views too, but Markuching has better ones. Tasek Lama is tougher than Markuching.


Photobucket


Maybe soon, I'll try going to Markuching from Tasek Lama. Anyone wanna join?


___________________________________________________________________
:: Posted by DENCORPORATION at 2:18 PM |

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
TAGBOARD




DENCORPORATION

Photobucket

Blog shared between Desmond, Edison and Nazrin. Edison is no longer a sleeping partner. What D.E.N. stands for is self-explanatory.




PLEASE VISIT

  • East Asian Youth


    BLOG LINKS

  • Alon Hong
  • Amaluddin
  • Amelia
  • Andy & Jestina
  • Andy Teo
  • Anna & Eileen
  • Arifuddin
  • Azizi
  • Azmi
  • Bazilah and Friends
  • Benedict
  • Calvin
  • Carmen
  • Chea Hong
  • Cheah Wen
  • Chen Chen
  • Cody, Eric & Bokhari
  • Dawn Lim Deekinder Denise
  • Elena
  • Farhan
  • Farhana
  • Faridah
  • Hanis
  • Hisyam
  • Huzaishysy
  • Jaqy
  • Jimbo
  • Judy Goh
  • Karen
  • Kai Ping
  • Kimmy
  • KLH Society
  • Kwang
  • Lee Lu
  • Lin Siew
  • Lu See
  • Lu Yee
  • Marlene
  • Masrini
  • Melissa Tan
  • Nabilah
  • Najaah
  • Princess @ Ryu
  • Qiqah
  • Queen @ Wani
  • Renzo
  • Shair Li
  • SKY's Happy-Stop (阿勇)
  • Vern
  • Wee @ Awiyah
  • Winnie
  • Xin Ping
  • Yap
  • Yen Chuan
  • Yush
  • Yusof
  • Zatty
  • ZulHF


    BLOG ARCHIVE

  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • September 2010