Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dilemma

Short Talk:
Tomorrow is Ukatrats FC's 2nd Anniversary! :D

Btw. DESMOND, YOU SERIOUSLY GOTTA CHANGE THE HEADING OF THIS BLOG from "Celebrating the 1st Anniversary of Ukatrats FC" to something else. Maybe "Celebrating the 2nd Anniversary" "? Or "Our Story So Far" just like the old times?

___________________________________

Earlier this month, during the VIP Day in Maktab Duli, my AS Literature teacher recommended me to upgrade my AS Literature to an English Literature. If I heed her recommendation, I will then be taking 4 A level subjects next year. She gave me until January 2009 to give her my final decision.




But not anymore.

Due to some circumstances (Probably because of the
Katok Termination), my AS Literature teacher requires me to give my answer by next week!

So here's the dilemma. Should I stick to AS Literature? Or should I upgrade it into an English Lit?


If I stick to AS Literature, next year will just be a revision year. We nearly finished the syllabus already. So less burden next year, and I will be able to focus on my other subjects.


In AS Literature, we only need to study 4 books: Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare; Songs of Ourselves by the University of Cambridge; Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte; and A View from the Bridge by Arthur Miller.



I've been struggling to keep up with Jane Eyre. It might be one of the best novels ever written, but I still dislike the book. I don't fancy novels with much romance in it. I prefer action, gore, blood, war, and the likes! :p
To add to the boring genre, Jane Eyre is very thick! With tiny little fonts!



If I decided to take English Lit, I will enjoy the benefit of having an even greater potential for a scholarship! Also I will enjoy the pride of being the sole guy from SOASC batch this year to take four A level subjects :p

Here's the deal to the benefits above: I must read another four extra books! To think that I'm struggling with Jane Eyre!

I'm not sure what books are in the A Level syllabus, but imagine them to be as thick as Jane Eyre! Or even thicker! And there's four of 'em!


My AS Literature teacher, being also the Head of the Higher Education Unit Department in MD, has outline the minimum condition for a shcolarship to me during the VIP Day.


Minimum condition for a scholarship:

Your A Level result should be between 200-240 Tariff Points, and no Ds (and below) in any of your subject.

_______________________________________

In case you guys are wondering what are Tariff Points:

For A level subject:

Grade "A" indicates 120 points
Grade "B" indicates 100 points

Grade "C" indicates 80 points

Grade "D" indicates 60 points


For AS level subject:

Grade "A" indicates 60 points

Grade "B" indicates 50 points

Grade "C" indicates 40 points

Grade "D" indicates 30 points


For example, you score "ABC" (A level subject) and an "A" for your AS subject during the A levels next year, you simply add the tariff points as indicated above. In this case, it's 120+100+80+60, which equals to 360 Tariff Points.

_______________________________________




My minimum target (If I rejected my teacher's recommendation):

"A" for my Pure Mathematics
"C" for my Physics
"C" for my Economics
(Hopeless piece of sh**)
"C" for my AS Literature

..which will earn me a total of 310 Tariff Points. I may still have to struggle my way among other more capable candidates for scholarship!

My minimum target (If I decided to upgrade to English Lit):

"A" for my Pure Mathematics
"C" for my Physics

"C" for my Economics

"C" for my English Literature

"B" for my General Paper (Yes, I will take GP, if I do upgrade to English Lit)

...which will earn me a total of 410 Tariff Points! Almost double the minimum requirement! I will almost certainly obtain a scholarship! :D

I don't know man. I'm still not sure whether I can cope with the extra stress from the demands of English Lit or not. That is why I decided to write up this entry. I want to hear your thoughts, comments, suggestions and advices :) So what do you think?



ps An advice for you guys. If you had taken GP for the AS exam this year, I strongly suggest you all to take another AS level subject next year (Perhaps English AS?)

___________________________________________________________________
:: Posted by DENCORPORATION at 6:52 PM |

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
TAGBOARD




DENCORPORATION

Photobucket

Blog shared between Desmond, Edison and Nazrin. Edison is no longer a sleeping partner. What D.E.N. stands for is self-explanatory.




PLEASE VISIT

  • East Asian Youth


    BLOG LINKS

  • Alon Hong
  • Amaluddin
  • Amelia
  • Andy & Jestina
  • Andy Teo
  • Anna & Eileen
  • Arifuddin
  • Azizi
  • Azmi
  • Bazilah and Friends
  • Benedict
  • Calvin
  • Carmen
  • Chea Hong
  • Cheah Wen
  • Chen Chen
  • Cody, Eric & Bokhari
  • Dawn Lim Deekinder Denise
  • Elena
  • Farhan
  • Farhana
  • Faridah
  • Hanis
  • Hisyam
  • Huzaishysy
  • Jaqy
  • Jimbo
  • Judy Goh
  • Karen
  • Kai Ping
  • Kimmy
  • KLH Society
  • Kwang
  • Lee Lu
  • Lin Siew
  • Lu See
  • Lu Yee
  • Marlene
  • Masrini
  • Melissa Tan
  • Nabilah
  • Najaah
  • Princess @ Ryu
  • Qiqah
  • Queen @ Wani
  • Renzo
  • Shair Li
  • SKY's Happy-Stop (阿勇)
  • Vern
  • Wee @ Awiyah
  • Winnie
  • Xin Ping
  • Yap
  • Yen Chuan
  • Yush
  • Yusof
  • Zatty
  • ZulHF


    BLOG ARCHIVE

  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • September 2010