Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Foods I Ate In My Trip To Miri

Let's rewind back to 22nd August 2008.

Where did I go?

Photobucket

Yes, I went to Miri with my family and cousins.

For me, going to Miri without stopping by Seria for some breakfast will be incomplete.

So last time, we didn't stop by the 'Food Court'. Instead, we went to somewhere new to us.


Photobucket

This place looks like a canteen or a rather old coffee shop.

In fact, I don't even know this place exist! Maybe my dad has been here before, but I'm not sure.


Photobucket

There weren't a lot of people there at that time.


Photobucket

They even sell bananas in this place!

Shortly after we found a place to sit, some guy who I assumed to be the boss of this 'cafeteria' came and asked what we want to order.


Photobucket

I wasn't sure what to order, but since Seria is all famous for its Kuey Tiaw, I ordered Kuey Tiaw also loh.

This place is halal, by the way.


Photobucket

The Kuey Tiaw here isn't quite the same as the one I had in 'Syarikat Lee Teck Ming'. I find the Kuey Tiaw here a bit sticky and they doesn't have my favourite soya sauce to mix with.

My breakfast also comes with a glass of ice cold Tiger Beer.


Photobucket

Can't you believe it? It's still early in the morning!

So I was half drunk while I'm still on the way to Miri.

Nah, actually I'm just lying and bullshiting. Brunei doesn't sell beers.


Photobucket

I was drinking Green Tea after all.

Then, there comes the bad effect of drinking something cold in the morning.

You'll get a tummy ache and want to go to the toilet.

Their toilet here is located somewhere behind their kitchen.


Photobucket

Their toilet here is basically made by old zinc as the walls, and there's no flush nor tissue paper.


Photobucket

What they provide inside the toilet is just a yellow bucket of water for you to flush, and a short hose which I think is just long enough to reach your asshole.


Photobucket

They also got some notice or warning written at the back of the door, asking you to help fill in the yellow bucket IF you've used it to flush your whatever.


Photobucket

Damn, because of this, I lost all my 'spirit' to even use the toilet. I tried to take a piss, but I just can't man.


Photobucket

I then left the place, and went to use the toilet at the nearest petrol station.

Here, you have to pay $0.20 to use the toilet, which is almost twice the amount you pay when using public toilets in Malaysia.

This toilet must be clean, I thought.

And I was right, it's much cleaner, but too bad, the toilet seat is still made of plastic rather than genuine marbles.


Photobucket

The second good thing about this toilet is that, it has got freaking loads of tissue paper!


Photobucket

I don't think anyone there would notice even if you took one roll away.

Fast forward to the afternoon, I had my lunch at the food court in Boulevard.

This is my lunch.


Photobucket

Can you believe I paid RM17.90 for this one plate?

And this is my cousin's lunch.


Photobucket

I'm not sure what it is but it's definitely much cheaper and tastier.

___________________________________________________________________
:: Posted by DENCORPORATION at 8:15 PM |

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
TAGBOARD




DENCORPORATION

Photobucket

Blog shared between Desmond, Edison and Nazrin. Edison is no longer a sleeping partner. What D.E.N. stands for is self-explanatory.




PLEASE VISIT

  • East Asian Youth


    BLOG LINKS

  • Alon Hong
  • Amaluddin
  • Amelia
  • Andy & Jestina
  • Andy Teo
  • Anna & Eileen
  • Arifuddin
  • Azizi
  • Azmi
  • Bazilah and Friends
  • Benedict
  • Calvin
  • Carmen
  • Chea Hong
  • Cheah Wen
  • Chen Chen
  • Cody, Eric & Bokhari
  • Dawn Lim Deekinder Denise
  • Elena
  • Farhan
  • Farhana
  • Faridah
  • Hanis
  • Hisyam
  • Huzaishysy
  • Jaqy
  • Jimbo
  • Judy Goh
  • Karen
  • Kai Ping
  • Kimmy
  • KLH Society
  • Kwang
  • Lee Lu
  • Lin Siew
  • Lu See
  • Lu Yee
  • Marlene
  • Masrini
  • Melissa Tan
  • Nabilah
  • Najaah
  • Princess @ Ryu
  • Qiqah
  • Queen @ Wani
  • Renzo
  • Shair Li
  • SKY's Happy-Stop (阿勇)
  • Vern
  • Wee @ Awiyah
  • Winnie
  • Xin Ping
  • Yap
  • Yen Chuan
  • Yush
  • Yusof
  • Zatty
  • ZulHF


    BLOG ARCHIVE

  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • September 2010