Friday, July 13, 2007

Thye's Foodcourt Review

Hey yo people!

There's a new food court in town!

Remember the Justoys "castle"? It has now been converted into a food court!

I think it is called "Thye's Foodcourt".

It's kinda hard to imagine that a used-to-be toy store can turn into a large food court..

It's a good idea though, way more profitable than the toy-selling business.

One of my uncle's friend operates a food stall in the soon-to-be opened food court and so the owner invited my uncle earlier this evening.

My uncle's friend operates the Economy Rice food stall and I gotta tell you, his stall was the most and only productive food stall this evening.

The opening day is tomorrow, but my uncle was called to visit the food court for "try-outs".

As for the "try-outs", all the foods served this evening was free.

Yeah, it's free, which means I get to eat free foods such as cocktails..

..unlimited cans of soft-drinks & packed drinks..

..and the economy rice!

When I first came, there were no more rice.. I didn't get to eat much. All there's left was the Chicken Curry and Butter Prawn. So immediately I helped myself to a plate of some chicken curry and butter prawns.. Without rice! But the chicken curry and butter prawn were delicious.

You have no idea how long I've waited for the rice.

There were tons of people queuing at the food stall earlier which is the main reason why the foods were gone in such a short time.

I've waited only until the chef has done cooking another round to get my plate of rice and the tofu ya know..

They serves Chicken Curry, Japanese Tofu, Butter Prawn, Veges and many many more and I hardly get to try them..

Shortly after I've eaten, the foods were all gone.. It really seems that the first-come-first-serve rule applies very strongly here..

So if you wanna taste good and cheap food, you have to be quick! The price is so reasonable! Costs only between $3 to $5!

Also, I get to taste Penang Fried Mee from another stall.

I've eaten fried mee before but NOT Penang fried mee, so this is my first time.

As a first-timer, I have to say the fried mee was quite addictive and have a slight taste of spiciness. Delicious. Die die must try!

Although tomorrow's the opening day already, I find it quite surprising that there were people still busy working and applying final touches to the soon-to-be-opened food court.

I mean, there were people eating and having their meal inside the food court and yet there were people busy drilling, sticking banners and decorating the food court.

I'm not trying to say it's a bad thing to do so but I just find it weird that they are only doing these things NOW?

Haha.. Have to work fast loh.. Good luck people, I mean uhh, workers..

I also find this table below here very unique.

It's quite attractive don't you think so?

Smart way to attract customers, not bad. LoL!

However, on the first floor of the building were dark and empty.

I wonder what would the first floor become?

A place to store things maybe? Who knows..

If any of you were free, kindly pay a visit to the food court! At least you should give it a try!

___________________________________________________________________
:: Posted by DENCORPORATION at 10:29 PM |

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
TAGBOARD




DENCORPORATION

Photobucket

Blog shared between Desmond, Edison and Nazrin. Edison is no longer a sleeping partner. What D.E.N. stands for is self-explanatory.




PLEASE VISIT

  • East Asian Youth


    BLOG LINKS

  • Alon Hong
  • Amaluddin
  • Amelia
  • Andy & Jestina
  • Andy Teo
  • Anna & Eileen
  • Arifuddin
  • Azizi
  • Azmi
  • Bazilah and Friends
  • Benedict
  • Calvin
  • Carmen
  • Chea Hong
  • Cheah Wen
  • Chen Chen
  • Cody, Eric & Bokhari
  • Dawn Lim Deekinder Denise
  • Elena
  • Farhan
  • Farhana
  • Faridah
  • Hanis
  • Hisyam
  • Huzaishysy
  • Jaqy
  • Jimbo
  • Judy Goh
  • Karen
  • Kai Ping
  • Kimmy
  • KLH Society
  • Kwang
  • Lee Lu
  • Lin Siew
  • Lu See
  • Lu Yee
  • Marlene
  • Masrini
  • Melissa Tan
  • Nabilah
  • Najaah
  • Princess @ Ryu
  • Qiqah
  • Queen @ Wani
  • Renzo
  • Shair Li
  • SKY's Happy-Stop (阿勇)
  • Vern
  • Wee @ Awiyah
  • Winnie
  • Xin Ping
  • Yap
  • Yen Chuan
  • Yush
  • Yusof
  • Zatty
  • ZulHF


    BLOG ARCHIVE

  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • September 2010